Regional Vice President – Bill Gelles (click here to contact)
Fall Vintage Festival – Lime Rock, Ct. – Sanctioning Club – Lime Rock Park/VSCCA
Friday, August 30th – Monday, September 2nd, 2013
Click here for entry details
The 2013 Lime Rock Historic Festival and FJHNA Northeast point qualifying race is scheduled for Labor Day weekend, August 30 through September 2. This year will mark the 31st running of this event. Again the VSCCA will be the sanctioning Club. There will be a significant Formula Junior contingency and we are a breath’s hair away from obtaining our own grid!
Of great interest to FJ drivers is that the number of entries will be limited. Lime Rock is reducing the number of race groups. Friday will be all practice and qualifying. Saturday and Monday will be nothing but races Most races will be ten (10) laps. The plan is to have you on the track at least twice a day! This is becoming an extraordinary value for the entrance fee.
Aside from exciting wheel to wheel FJ racing, some of the features being planned for this weekend are:
- The Briggs Cunningham Reunion will include a display of both street and race cars.
- The Aston Martin Owners Club will have a display of Aston Martins worthy of the 100th birthday of the marque.
- The Friday night party will again be graced by a prominent figure from the world of motor sports and Murray Smith says that you will not be disappointed.
- Lawrence (Larry) Aurianna and a selection of his fantastic cars will be the Featured Collector for 2013.
- The Sunday in the Park Concours will again be held to the delight of all who show their cars or those who stroll along viewing the amazing cars garnered to the show by Kent Bain. Also, the Road Racing drivers Club will be holding its annual lunch on Sunday.
- The 3rd annual Race Car Rally Parade to Falls Village will take place on Thursday afternoon after load in.
Lime Rock will stop accepting entries for this event by June 15. If you have not already sent in your entry and you desire to participate in the Festival, please send in your entry now.
As the Vice President of the Northeast FJHNA event and co-Chairman of the Vintage Festival, I am truly excited to see the resurgence of Formula Junior in North America! As we are so close to our own exclusive FJ grid, it is important that you send in your racing applications NOW!